The data is in and the results should be a wake-up call for construction equipment dealers. After analyzing more than 400 construction equipment dealer marketing practices using HubSpot’s Marketing Grader, 87% of AED member companies scored less than 50 on a scale from 1-100. Just 1% scored from 75 to 100.
Here are the biggest areas of concern:
1) Few dealers have blogs or blog regularly.
2) Website pages don’t have unique page titles and descriptions.
3) Few dealer websites are viewable on mobile devices.
4) Few firms have really embraced sharing their content online through social media.
5) Communication on social networks is largely one-way.
The bright spot is that there is tremendous opportunity for dealers who want to get in the inbound marketing game and embrace best practices. Here are some great content examples from dealers who have transformed their websites from static brochure sites to hubs of social and commercial activity.
Ring Power Corp Delves into a Product Analysis:
Birkey Puts the Spotlight on a Customer:
Empire Cat Focuses on Machine Maintenance:
A complete analysis will appear in the July 2012 issue of Construction Equipment Distribution. Subscribers to our blog can receive a complete list of scores for all dealers, upon request.