Building strong relationships with clients will grow revenue as well as rewarding experiences and referrals. The best content for staying connected with clients may be surprising. Here is my list for the best content for client contact programs:
- Clip/send links of articles and videos of interest with a personal note
- Email or call them with updates, progress reports
- Send a thank you note after each project or product sale
- Deliver a monthly print newsletter
- Send them a birthday card or business anniversary card
- Share your press releases monthly
- Act as a source for content they are creating
- Interview them as a source for your blog post or newsletter article
Maintain appropriate information on each client and this contact program is easy to follow. Include:
Contact Name: (add name they like to be called by)
At a minimum, organize client contact information in e-mail applications such as Address Book for Mac or Outlook for Windows. Categorize your contacts into Groups for different kinds of clients, vendors, and service providers. There are lots of good choices for contact management software as well. The best content for client contact programs is delivered personally and consistently. This keeps you in the midst of their world. In a crowded marketplace, that’s a good place to be.
Are there other forms of content you have used to stay connected with clients?